WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that have an essential role for the provision of numerous services of the information society. Among others, they allow a web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his team and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and treat the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own Cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party Cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies. In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the period of time they remain stored in the client’s browser, which may be:
- Session Cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent Cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical Cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist there, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session , access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, make the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization Cookies: they allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the configuration regional from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis Cookies: allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: they allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies: store information on user behavior obtained from through the continuous observation of your browsing habits, which allows you to develop a specific profile to show advertising based on it.
- Cookies from External Social Networks: they are used so that visitors can interact with the content of
DEACTIVATION AND ELIMINATION OF COOKIES
You have the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By deactivating cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also check the:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following:
Cookies used in www.contentlab.es :
- Own cookies
- Third party cookies
- Session Cookies
- Persistent cookies
- Technical cookies
- Personalization cookies
- Analysis Cookies
- Advertising cookies
- Behavioral advertising cookies
- Cookies from external social networks
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy
Given this information it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept Cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during this session.
- Close. The notice is hidden on this page.
- Modify your settings. You can obtain more information about what cookies are, know the Cookies Policy of www.contentlab.es and modify the configuration of your browser.